Wednesday 5 February 2014

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!


For this activity I like to get the students to direct the class. 
First I get them to define exaggeration, using the definition below. Then I give them an example of a boring story exaggerated to make it a little more interesting.


After I've given the example I put these points up on the board and ask a student to direct the class.

Ok then, let’s get into pairs.
Now tell your partner a story about your weekend. It doesn’t have to be exciting or amazing.
Now change partners. Re-tell the story you just heard but exaggerate. REALLY exaggerate.
Use extreme adjectives and adverbs.
Too, so, such and very are useful words when exaggerating.
Now tell the class what your partner did at the weekend.

Remember…... Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

'Til the next time. Keep on teaching. 
@sirhofthebomb

No comments:

Post a Comment