Thursday 19 March 2015

post-it fun for all ages.

Good morning one and all.
I'm sure you've all used and enjoyed one of 3m's finest inventions; the gloriously underrated post-it note. Be it as a reminder to pick up milk or an effort to get your son to remember to take his PE kit out of he washing.
How many of you have used it in a classroom situation? Quite a few I imagine.
This week I've been teaching clothes to my youngest students, body parts to some teens and idioms of the body to my adults. Whilst flicking through ideas online I saw people drawing outlines of their students on the white board and labelling them. I thought this might be a bit of fun. Rather than drawing around my students though I simply plunked them on a chair at the front of the class, gave each team a different colours set of post-its and got them to set about sticking them to the model at the front of class. After I saw that the kids enjoyed it so much I cranked it up a notch and tried it with my teens. A roaring success again. Finally it came to my adult class and as we all know adults are the biggest kids of all. They all got mega involved and were tearing around the classroom trying to stick their idioms to their classmate. Thankfully none of them had found a pain in the ass or being a right tit. That could've caused a complaint or two.
give it a shot. I guarantee every so gel student will have a blast.
Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment