Thursday 11 February 2016

Using Complex Grammatical Structures - Grab Activity


Whilst working with my proficiency students I’ve found they have an amazing level of English but often struggle when it comes to incorporating the complex grammatical structures they need to use in the speaking exam into their language.  I’ve created this grab activity to make sure they use them.


After printing and laminating the cards I get students to take a hand full of them and base their spoken activity around using as many as they can. I have a similar sheet to encourage the use of discourse markers. 
for more activities keep and eye on twitter for the@EFLuencyfella

If I were..
….of huge importance
It would/n’t be
in all likelihood
Seldom does one..
It’s vital that we
Not for a moment
I should hope
Not ‘til I…. did I
What makes me _____ is…
Hardly had we
Whoever
Here’s your
Whenever
I’ve been told
Only when I
Not only…. But….. also
If it hadn’t been
Never have
Should you want to
No sooner
Were it not for
Under no circumstances
Only when I
At no time
Not only
Not since


No comments:

Post a Comment