Tuesday 24 November 2015

Movies and Emoticons. What more could a teenager ask for?

Whilst trawling the endless breadths and depths of this here internet for something a little more exciting in class, I came across this little gem.
As we all know teenagers, well everyone really, are utterly obsessed with the wonders of mobile technology. I like to harness this excitement rather than crush it at first sight like many educators nowadays.
Before I had happened upon the soon to be revealed super wonder site. I was sitting in my office trying to make emoticon clues to various riddles and such. I then hit upon the idea of doing moive titles. At that very moment. It dawned on me. "someone will have done this... for sure." Within about four strokes of the keyboard I found myself immerced in a glorious array of crypitic movie titles. I printed them out and shoved them in front of my class of 32, 15 year old boys. I paird them up and told them to figure them out in English. the quickest one to get 30 correct could then take out their phone and start creating some titles for themselves.
Just have a look here. a huge thanks goes out to Memolition.com for this one. It has been an absolute life saver and the students just can't get enough of it.

 Next stop book titles. Or is that a little bit too optimistic.

Here's the link
50 film titles

No comments:

Post a Comment