Wednesday 16 December 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy

As it's coming up to Christmas and students are getting a little ragged i decided to bow to their pressure and put a film on over a couple of classes. Obviously, I had to find a film appropriate to their age group and one which I would still be able to enjoy. I plumped for Guardians of The Galaxy.
It really is a wonderful movie.
Anyway, after the first class of watching the film I got students to go away and write 10 words that they related to the film. the next class I got them to predict the ending then after the last 20 minutes of the film we set about writing our reviews.
I decided that spoon feeding them some ideas first, using the words they'd provided, would help things run a little more smoothly.
So here are the materials below. There is a short gap fill, using words from a wordsearch. the solution is attached too. If you want the printable just look here for Guardians of The Galaxy Review. You'll find most of my other materials in and around that area too. Or just do the copy paste thing.

Christmas homework is going to be students writing their own movie review from any of the films they watch over Christmas. Let's see how they do.


USE THE WORDS FROM THE WORDSEARCH BELOW TO COMPLETE THE REVIEW

You might think that Guardians of the Galaxy is just ___________ Marvel superhero action movie.____________, unlike Spiderman, Avengers and each one of the seemingly _______stream of X-men films that have been pumped out by Marvel this masterpiece has something a little bit __________.
Set in the not too distant future in _______space this exceptional film turns comic-book cinema on its head.  It ________Chris Pratt as a Junker in his mid- thirties ______ Peter Quill.
Quill finds _______ in possession of a hugely powerful orb which leads him to all manner of trouble and him having a huge bounty put on his head.  Luckily for him those who are chasing him at first turn out to be those keep him _______.
My favourite ________ in the film is ________Rocket, voiced by Bradley Cooper. He is a genetically modified Raccoon with a very bad attitude and a love for money and _______weapons. I find him is absolutely _________ and his unlikely relationship with the treeman Groot is a great addition to the comedy of the film.
I would_________ it to people of all ages because it is full of action and is also really funny.  I give Guardians of the Galaxy 4.5 out of 5.

NOW WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW BELOW
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SOME FILM REVIEW WORDS


G
Y
Y
I
T
L
R
N
O
D
G
R
R
B
H
I
X
Z
S
A
F
U
S
G
I
J
S
E
J
I
K
M
H
X
N
C
S
F
C
F
E
B
V
S
M
P
L
V
I
A
E
R
D
R
F
Z
F
E
A
S
A
S
Z
L
L
V
M
E
D
E
R
E
W
L
E
M
J
L
D
L
A
C
G
S
R
W
G
O
F
L
L
E
N
I
L
O
R
I
P
E
E
O
H
X
F
D
E
V
Q
M
R
G
I
B
N
A
V
P
Z
B
V
E
L
M
Z
K
O
Y
O
T
P
R
I
S
S
O
Q
E
C
K
G
K
L
L
U
Y
E
F
L
U
N
N
S
R
A
T
S
X
D
P
S
T
N
O
A
D
D
R
E
T
C
A
R
A
H
C
U
T
O
E
M
M
O
C
D
M
S
D
T
U
V
O
F
Q
D
A
F
D
E
F
I
N
I
T
E
L
Y
E
G
T
D
J
Z
X
P
A
N
O
T
H
E
R
O
Z
J

ALIVE
ANOTHER
CALLED
CHARACTER
DEFINITELY
DIFFERENT
ENDLESS
EVIL
HILARIOUS
HIMSELF
HOWEVER
OUTER
POWERFUL
RECOMMEND
STARS


Solution

+ + + + + L + + + D + + R + H
+ + + + + + U S + I + + E + I
+ + H + + C S F + F + + V + M
+ + + I A E + + R F + + E + S
+ + + L L + + E + E + + W + E
+ + L D L A C + + R W + O + L
+ E N I + O R + + E E O H + F
D E V + M + + I + N + V P + +
+ E + M + + + + O T + R I + +
+ + E + + + + + + U + E + L +
+ N S R A T S + + + S T + + A
D + R E T C A R A H C U + + +
+ + + + + + + + + + + O + + +
+ + D E F I N I T E L Y + + +
+ + + + + A N O T H E R + + +

(Over,Down,Direction)
ALIVE(15,11,NW)
ANOTHER(6,15,E)
CALLED(6,3,SW)
CHARACTER(11,12,W)
DEFINITELY(3,14,E)
DIFFERENT(10,1,S)
ENDLESS(2,8,NE)
EVIL(2,9,NE)
HILARIOUS(3,3,SE)
HIMSELF(15,1,S)
HOWEVER(13,7,N)
OUTER(12,13,N)
POWERFUL(13,8,NW)
RECOMMEND(9,4,SW)
STARS(7,11,W)


No comments:

Post a Comment